Thursday, September 20, 2012

When you start an adoption....

When you start your adoption journey one of the first things that you are told is that you have to have faith.  This journey is not for everyone.  I thought I would be well prepared this time around after having already went through this once.  I was wrong.  Maybe I am just forgetting the early part of Grayson's adoption but this time I feel more frustrated than ever.  It seems like things keep coming up that set us back.  I know it will all be in the Lord's timing and I have to repeat this to myself several times a day when thinking about this adoption. For Grayson's adoption we decided not to participate in any kind of fundraising.  I still worked so it was easier to save for the adoption fee.  This time around we decided to do a few things to help with the cost of the second adoption.  We are trying to find ways to help make up losing my income when we need so much extra just for the adoption.  If this does not work I don't mind to go back to work to help but I love my time with Grayson being at home. I can imagine leaving him everyday now that we both have become so used to being together all the time.  This works for our whole family...and he is so much fun!   So we begin the long journey for Harrell baby #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment